Friday, September 02, 2005

The Fire on the News

Smith and I went to New Orleans earlier this year. It's our favorite city in the world.

I've been glued to the television since monday. This morning, I've been watching one of the fires on Fox News. Using google maps, I discovered that this fire is directly across the street from the hotel we stayed in. The yellow box indicates the location of the fire.



While there, I did take some pictures outside our hotel window. Including pictures of the building I've been watching all morning. They are the ones in the bottom left corner.



The one on the left has already burned to the ground. There is a team of firefighters the rooftop behind the second building. Unfortunately, it seems they only have access to one hose. So it's probably only a matter of time until the second one burns down to the ground, too. I'm worried that these fires will spread to the other buildings in the area. Yes, I care more about the welfare of the thousands of stranded citizens. But I would also like the remaining areas of this historical and culturally rich city to survive.

There are people who could use our help. Please make a donation. Even $5 will make a difference.

Red Cross

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home