Monday, August 08, 2005

Car Dealerships are for the Birds...

In The No, where I live, there are several car dealerships up and down the street of Blackstone. Back in junior high, my dad told me a story of a group of these dealerships on the corner of Blackstone and Bullard.

When the dealerships were originally being built, folks in the neighborhood across the street fought to keep the dealerships out of the area. They failed. One of the neighbors in particular wasn't satisfied with losing. So he got his revenge by putting out bird seeds in front of his home, located directly across the street. Birds would eat the seeds, hang out in the area, and poop all over the place. Including on top of the shiny unsold cars.

I'm now 29, and these dealerships have been there as long as I can remember. I happened to drive by today. And I saw that a flock of pigeons were eating up a fresh batch of bird seeds. Kudos to you, nameless man, for never giving up the dream and giving me a good laugh.

2 Comments:

Blogger beaglebot said...

That man is my hero

5:44 AM  
Blogger Saheli said...

That's hilarious. :-)

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home