Saturday, August 06, 2005

360 Backwards Compatible, Sorta



You know all those games you purchased for your Xbox? Good news, you'll be able to play (some of) them on your 360. According to Microsoft, "Xbox 360 will be backward compatible with the top-selling games on Xbox."

What does that mean? Well, I guess it means Halo and Halo 2 will work. But what about some of those sleeper titles that never gained mass market acceptance, but were still all around great games? Should Microsoft have spent the extra money to make the entire catalog of Xbox games were playable on the 360? Or is backwards combatibility overrated?

Read more at IGN.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kassi42 said...

I REALLY like backwards compatibility, but I think that it should work for all games. Some of my PS1 games wouldn't play in my PS2, for example, which was a hasstle when I ended up giving my PS1 to my brother. Greg and I don't own an Xbox, though, so I can only speak from experience with other systems.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home