Wednesday, September 21, 2005

An Evening with Trent Reznor. Only an evening?



I saw the Nine Inch Nails last night. What a show.

Darkside and I arrived at the arena two hours before the concert started. We got a great spot near the left side of the stage, only five or so people back. And there we watched the opening act (have no idea who they were) and then Queens of the Stone Age. QOTSA put on a great show. Hadn't really heard their music before, but they impressed me. I'd see them again without hesitation. I plan on buying their music. Their lead singer looks like Kraig Kilbourne.

Half an hour after their set was over, NIN took the stage. This is where the madness began. For the next two hours, people were perpetually trying to push themselves towards the front of the herd. I was standing in a tidal wave of people, swaying back and forth and left and right and up and down and in and out. I had to raise my arms to my chest in ensure I could continue breathing while being compressed by a very personal audience.

After the first 30 minutes, something unexpected happened. Me and a large unspecified number of people glided to the right. I found myself center stage, in front of Trent for almost the rest of the show. There were five rows of people in front of me. Considering how compact we all were, I would say it was the equivalent of being in the second or third row of a seated show. Yeah!

Speaking of being compact. Do you have any idea of what it's like being squished in the middle of hundreds of screaming fans jumping up and down? It's very hot and very wet. We were all sweating like pigs. At one point, I had to stand on my toes to get my head above the crowd, just so I could get a breath of fresh cool air. I can only describe it as disgusting, but fun. I also got elbowed in the face, and had my glasses kicked off my head by a floater.

By the time the show was over, my long sleeve shirt was drenched in sweat. Who's sweat, I don't know. I just know that everyone desperately needed a shower. I skipped the traditional trip to Denny's after a concert because of the indescribable nastiness that I was soaked in.

But how was the show?

That's easy. NIN rocked!! I give it an eleven.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael Orr said...

This sounds real neat and fun, but what about Madden2006?

12:42 PM  
Blogger thumbuki said...

Madden can suck it. Hear me Madden? I said SUCK IT!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger A. said...

The opening band was probably Autolux.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Rena Innocenti said...

i love trent!
hes so damn sexy!
*^^*
-Master Spork-

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trent Reznor is so damn sexy. I love Something I Can Never Have, and The Hand That Feeds, he's extremly inspirational.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home