Thursday, July 21, 2005

Resident Evil Announced




Capcom has recently announced Resident Evil 5 for the 360 and PS3. No word on the revolution, yet. IGN is currently hosting a short one minute video. Can't be sure if the footage is real time or not. My guess it's prerendered.

Resident Evil 4, imho, is the best game released so far this generation. Quite an accomlishment considering all the great games that have been released over the past six years.

Here is a review I wrote elsewhere of RE4:

How does one sit down to write a review of the best game ever written?

I beat Resident Evil 4 today. What a ride. I've never played a game this solid, this polished and this addictive in my entire life. This was also the first time I wanted to hurry up and finish a game only so that I could start it over from the beginning. Best... Game... Ever! (imho)

I decided that no matter what I write here, my words won't do this game justice. So I'm going to keep it short.

At one point of the game, it was like I was in Night of the Living Dead, pushing furniture behind doors and blasting massive hordes of zombies crawling through the windows. I felt a bit like I was in The Goonies, exploring dusty caverns, avoiding booby traps. I felt like Indiana Jones while on a high speed mine cart ride.

The environments are sinfully immersive, full of life and varied plenty. The game starts out in an autumn forest in the late afternoon. And by the time you reach the end of the game, you'll have explored a village, a castle, a classic RE industrial center, mine shafts, and much more.

After I beat the game, it unlocked two new game modes. The first mode is a micro adventure where you play Ada Wong, a character in the Resident Evil series. And "Mercenaries", which is an arcade style version of RE4. Here, you'll be shooting enemies for points.

I've mentioned so little of what's in this game, yet I feel I may have already said too much. This is something you are all just going to have to experience on your own.

And finally, my stats for my first time through:

Hit ratio: 72%
Enemies killed: 986
Number of times killed: 50
Clear time: 18:12'47"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home