Wednesday, July 20, 2005

GTA: San Andreas == Boring

ESRB has revoked M rating status from GTA: San Andreas. I won't bore you with the details, as this info has been sufficiently saturated by the mainstream news media.

What I will say is how boring the game is. I genuinely liked GTA 3 and Vice City. And I think in many ways, San Andreas has improved the gaming engine. But there comes a time when one loses the taste for the same repetitive ultra violence. It's the same high speed, car crash'n, ho killing spree, set this time in the sunshine state. San Andreas did not distinguish itself enough from the two previous titles.

There were certainly many things I felt the game got right. The script is much more refined. The hip hop urban spin on this title also adds a nice touch of faux realism. The voice acting is top notch. The world map, huge. And what can be more fun than playing Dress up Barbieā„¢ with CJ.

But in the end, it's the same damn game. It's time for Rockstar to reinvent the series, much like Capcom did with Resident Evil 4. I give this game a "B" for boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home